BDCS would like to offer our family members the chance to join in this great event, held at London Zoo on the 18th and 19th May and Whipsnade on the 15th and 16th June. For details on how to book BDCS members should check their email.
Special Children’s Day is a unique annual event at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, welcoming children with special needs and their families and friends. With increased specialist facilities and staff presence, as well as interactive events and discounted entry, Special Children’s Day is an exciting event not to be missed.
All Special Children’s Day activities are free and all Zoo visitors are welcome to join in the fun!
- A Very Special Welcome: A dedicated Special Children’s Day entrance where our staff and volunteers will be ready to greet you. Pick up your Special Children’s Day planner and meet our friendly animal-costumed characters!
- Singing Hands: Meet Suzanne and Tracy in person as they introduce you to the amazing world of animals through Makaton themed signs, songs, rhymes, stories and games. Shows are free and run throughout the day.
- Wildlife Gardening: Plant a seed to take back with you and grow at home or build a bug hotel to attract wildlife to your garden.
- Sensory Storytelling: Immersive and interactive stories about the natural world. Shows are free and run throughout the day.
- Hands on Habitats: Investigate the natural world with our hands-on activities.
- LIVE! talks: Many of our amazing animal talks will be accompanied by British Sign Language interpreters throughout the weekend.
- Animal Adventure: Meet some of our fantastic animals and keepers and get close up and hands on in the ‘Touch Paddock’.
- Art Zone: Get creative with our fun family art activities.